Komunikim- Shtypi

Civil aviation authorities licenses Air Albania

Albania’s civil aviation authority said on Tuesday it granted flag carrier Air Albania, headquartered in Tirana, a certificate to provide air transportation services. The establishment of the flag carrier has been supported by Turkish Airlines, holder of a 49% stake in the company. The remaining 51% in Air Albania is controlled by state-owned air navigation services provider Albcontrol and local company MDN Investment Air Albania's first destination will be Istanbul, as the flight will be serviced with its only aircraft - an Airbus A319-132, the director of the country’s aviation authority, Krislen Keri, said in a press release. The company will soon add to its fleet a second aircraft that will service European destinations, Keri said, adding that the first flights in Europe will be to Rome, Milan, Bologna and London. Earlier this month, infrastructure minister Belinda Balluku said Air Albania will launch its first flight by the end of this month. The company has fulfilled all testing, training and licensing requirements, Balluku added. Last month, the infrastructure ministry signed a financial agreement with Turkish Airlines and Albanian company MDN Investment for the establishment of an Albanian flag carrier, prime minister Edi Rama said. In September, Albania's government approved a partnership agreement with Turkish Airlines, under which state-owned air navigation services provider Albcontrol and local company MDN Investment will hold a stake of 51% in the new company among themselves, while Turkish Airlines will own the remainder. 

SOURCE: Scan TV

PLUS D'ACTUALITÉS

Share this page Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Linkedin